THE DEMOCRAT MONTHLY TRIVIA CONTEST FAQs
How to Enter: The promotion (contest period) begins at 8:00 AM on May 9, 2014, and ends at 11:59 PM on May 23, 2014. To be entered into the random drawing, all questions must be answered correctly. Submit your name, email address, and your answers to email@example.com.
Limit one entry, email, per person per email address.
Eligibility Requirements: The contest is open and offered only to legal residents of Fairfax County over the age of 18 who are current FCDC members. Any FCDC employee and/or FCDC Steering Committee member and their immediate family members are not eligible to win the contest. To be eligible for the random drawing, entries must contain the correct answers to all five trivia questions.
Winner Selection and Criteria: One winner will be selected randomly from all entries meeting the eligibility requirements.
Prize: The donkey prize is valued at up to $10.00.
1. An eligible entry is from an individual over the age of 18 who is a current FCDC member and who has answered all five trivia questions correctly.
2. The Democrat and FCDC are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, corrupted, or misdirected entries, whether caused by electronic, network, software, or computer failures and malfunctions of any kind or by human error. The Democrat and FCDC assume no responsibility for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or email client, insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email, or for any other technical reason.
3. The Democrat and FCDC reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or terminate the monthly contest (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct, or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the monthly contest. The Democrat and FCDC may elect, if feasible and in their sole discretion, to choose winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of such a forced termination.
4. In the event a dispute arises regarding a specific winner entitled to receive the prize, entry will be deemed made by the “authorized email account holder,” which shall mean the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
5. By participating in this monthly contest, entrant automatically agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final.
6. Upon a finding of noncompliance with these Official Rules and Requirements, or if prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by contest judges.
7. The monthly contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any tax due on winning prize.
8. Entrants who participate in this monthly contest hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless, The Democrat and FCDC, their respective officers, representatives, and employees, from and against any and all rights, claims, and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this promotion.